Sponsorship request form
Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions
- All sponsorships will be awarded on a first come, first served
basis. Sponsors need to be committed to computer security improvement,
concerned about the security infrastructure of the Internet and
associated communications elements and be supportive of FIRST's
mission to participate in this conference as a sponsor. First.Org,
Inc., retains the right to reject any sponsor that it deems
- After written acceptance by First.Org, Inc., the sponsor must
provide the sponsorship funds, logo image (in the format required
by First.Org, Inc.,) and other details required (such as correct
use of the sponsor's name, trademarks etc) to First.Org, Inc.,
within 10 days of receipt of acceptance.
- Sponsorship pledges cannot be processed without payment. Funds
must be payable in US dollars. All checks should be made payable
to First.Org, Inc. - Conference 2002 Sponsorship and sent to:
2002 FIRST Conference
(Attention Phoebe J. BOELTER)
212 West Washington, Suite 1804
Chicago, IL 60606
Phone: +1 (312) 372-1255
Fax: +1 (312) 372-1427
- The sponsorship fee does not include free conference registration
unless specifically stated in the sponsorship opportunity details.
- Provision of FIRST conference sponsorship does not entitle
the sponsor to a waiver of any applicable annual FIRST membership
- All sponsorship materials must be submitted before 15th April
2002 to ensure inclusion in productions schedule. Sponsorship
pledges after this date may still be accepted with caveats.
- Sponsors may not sublet, assign or apportion any part of the
item(s) sponsored nor represent advertise or distribute literature
or materials for the products or services of any other firm or
organization except as approved in writing by First.Org, Inc.
- First.Org, Inc., will not be liable for damage or loss to a
sponsor's properties through fire, theft, accident, or any other
cause, whether the result of negligence or otherwise.
- No part of an exhibit and no signs or other materials may be
pasted, nailed, or otherwise affixed to walls, doors or other
surfaces in a way that mars or defaces the premises or equipment
and furnishings. Damage from failure to observe this notice is
payable by the sponsor.
- Participation at FIRST Steering Committee and FIRST AGM meetings
is restricted to FIRST members only, the FIRST Steering Committee
and their invited guests.
- At the wish of the FIRST membership, the FIRST conference
program itself is not open to sponsorship. However sponsors are
welcome to respond to the conference call for papers for consideration
with other submissions.
- Sponsorship is not limited to financial support per se, but
can also take the form of provision of material hardware/software
etc. Should your company be interested in sponsorship package not
listed in this brochure then please feel free to contact us to
discuss your preferences.
- Sponsors are allowed to offer pledges for single or multiple
- For sponsorship opportunities that include signage please note
- Signage space may be limited. The conference organizers will
inform each sponsor of the maximum size, number of signs etc.
- In order to limit costs First.Org, Inc., and the conference
organizers may limit the number of colors used for the printing of
- If a sponsor wants to negotiate for a higher priced item (e.g.,
higher quality shirt, bag, menu etc) than FIRST has budgeted for
then the sponsor must pay any additional cost for that item in
additional to the applicable sponsorship fee.
- The sponsor for a given item at the preceding FIRST Conference
will be given first right of refusal to sponsor the same item at
the price quoted in the following year's sponsorship package. If
the sponsor does not take up repeat sponsorship within 4 weeks of
notification by First.Org, Inc., then the sponsorship item will
then be offered on a first-come first-served basis.