conference TERMS & Conditions
- Registration Process and Payment Methods
- Registrants will be able to select the early registration fee (USD $1900) up until 18:00 GMT April 25. If payment has not been received and confirmed by the Conference Office by 18:00 GMT April 25, registrants will be charged the standard conference fee ($2200 USD). This applies to registrants submitting bank/wire transfers, checks, and credit card payments that are denied.
- Registrations entered after 18:00 GMT June 5 will be considered late registrations. The late registration fee is $2400 USD. This applies to both members and non-members.
- Discount codes are assigned by the FIRST Registration Office. FIRST reserves the right to cancel any registrations using unauthorized discount codes.
- Conference registrations will not be confirmed until the completed form and the correct payment is received and processed by the Conference Office.
- Registrants should obtain confirmation from the Conference Office before committing to other travel arrangements.
- Accommodation costs are not included in the conference registration fee. Attendees are responsible for making their own lodging arrangements.
- Capacity is limited to 500 attendees. Registrations will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Payment of on-site registration must be made using a credit card. No cash will be accepted.
- Cancellation Policy
- Conference registration can be cancelled only in writing (letter, email, or fax) to:
FIRST.Org Conference Conference Coordination Office
213 W. Institute Place, Suite 405
Chicago, IL 60610 USA
- Conference registrations cancelled on or before May 15th will be entitled to a 40% refund. Registrations cancelled after May 15th will not be entitled to a refund.
- Substitutions may be made at any time. If you wish to substitute a participant, please contact the Conference Office at the earliest opportunity.
- All refunds will be made after the Conference and within two months.
- Conference Program
Conference program is subject to change.
- Participation and Behavior on FIRST Activities
- Attendance and participation at the FIRST Annual General Meeting (AGM) and FIRST Steering Committee meeting is limited to FIRST team members and their invited guests, subject to approval by the Steering Committee.
- FIRST attendees are expected to behave professionally. Excessive use of obscene language, abusive behavior, or threatening behavior directed to any other conference attendee is not conducive to a learning environment.
- Personal Information
- Please note that participation contact details will be kept on the FIRST database, which will only be used by FIRST. FIRST does not record or store credit card information.
- Unless the Conference Office has received an explicit request from a registrant disallowing to share his/her contact information (through the Registration Form), a list of all attendees, their affiliation institutions and email addresses will be included in the delegate packs.
- The email addresses will also be used to circulate last minute details and announcements of future FIRST events.
- If you would like your record to be deleted after the conference, please notify FIRST by email (email@example.com) or in writing to the FIRST Conference Coordination Office.
- FIRST-provided Internet Access (AUP)
The following uses of FIRST-provided Internet access are not permitted:
- To violate any local, state, or federal statute;
- To vandalize, damage, or disable the property of another individual or organization;
- To access another individual’s materials, information, or files without permission;
- To use scanning or hacking exploit tools on public networks; and,
- To violate copyright or otherwise use the intellectual property of another individual or organization without permission.
- Personal Property
FIRST.Org, Inc. accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property.