Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of our most frequently asked questions pertaining the annual conference. Please feel free to send any additional questions or concerns to email@example.com.
When is the 2024 FIRST conference?
- The 36th Annual FIRST Conference will take place June 9-14, 2024, in Fukuoka, Japan.
Where will the 2024 FIRST conference be hosted?
- All conference activities, unless otherwise indicated in the program agenda, will take place at the Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk Hotel.
Does FIRST have a hotel room block available for conference participants?
- Yes, FIRST has reserved a block of rooms at the Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk Hotel for conference participants. Please see the Venue & Accommodations page for a booking link.
Will there be translation services available?
- At this current time (October 2024), translation services (English to Japanese and vice-versa) are pending. The official language of the conference is English.
Is there a dress code?
- FIRST does not enforce a specific dress code, but asks all conference participants to keep their attire respectful and in line with the FIRST Code of Conduct.
Will there be a mobile app?
- Yes, FIRST will publish a mobile app that will contain all conference materials including the program agenda. The app will be available to both in-person and virtual participants in May 2024.
How do I access streaming content?
- All participants of the conference – in-person and virtual – will have access to the conference mobile app and desktop version. Only TLP:CLEAR sessions will be live-streamed to the app and will be available on-demand.
As an in-person participant, do I also have access to streaming content?
- Yes. Streaming content is inclusive of in-person registrations and will be available in the conference mobile app.
Will FIRST post TLP:CLEAR recordings to their YouTube? And when?
- Yes, FIRST will publish all TLP:CLEAR recordings to their YouTube channel roughly two months post-conference. FIRST - YouTube
Will there be printed agendas?
- No, FIRST will not provide printed agendas. The conference agenda will be available via the mobile app and a printable PDF will be made available via the event website for those interested in printing a copy of their own.
How do I apply for continuing education credits (CPEs or CEs)?
- Once the conference agenda has been published, FIRST Events will publish a CPE page with basic instructions and counts. Conference participants are responsible for submitting their credit hours directly to their certifying organizations. FIRST is no longer submitting CPEs on behalf of participants.
Do I need to pre-register for sessions?
- No, you do not need to pre-register for conference sessions that take place Monday through Friday.
Do I need to pre-register for Sunday pre-conference activities?
- Yes and no. FIRST Pre-conference Training opportunities will be require a separate registration and ticket fee. Training seats are limited with FIRST members given an opportunity to register before non-members. Other Sunday activities such as the Newbie Session and other networking meetings do not require an additional registration or fees.
What is "TLP"?
If you are unfamiliar with the Traffic Light Protocol ("TLP"), please visit https://www.first.org/tlp/ for details. In the use case for the conference, TLP levels specifically indicate whether press, social media, and photography/videography may occur. You do not need to be "invited" to attend a TLP:RED session as a confirmed, registered delegate. Please see the Registration Terms & Conditions: Photography or Recording Usage by Attendees.