Travel & Visa Information
- Visa Information & Requirements
- Getting to Fukuoka
- Getting to the Conference Venue
- Getting Around the City
Conference participants requiring a letter of invitation to obtain a travel visa should submit their request as early as possible to avoid delays or possible cancellations.
Please carefully review our guidelines below for the request and receipt of an invitation letter:
- Visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA) website for the latest requirement information https://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/index.html.
- If you require a visa and need a letter of invitation, please complete your conference registration. Please follow the instructions on the registration form landing page to access the correct registration flow for those requiring a letter. You will not be required to submit payment.
- After you have successfully submitted your registration, please send a follow-up email to email@example.com with your request.
- Individuals requesting letters will be run through compliance and thoroughly vetted.
- Approved requests will be contacted within 3-5 business days. Requestors will be emailed a draft letter for review and approval.
- Confirmed and signed letters of invitation will be provided to the requestor via email and in PDF format within 14 business days after approval.
- Your conference registration will remain in “Waitlist” status until you complete your registration payment. Payment can be completed by accessing your registration confirmation email and selecting the “Modify My Registration” link.
Please keep the following in mind:
- The purpose of a “Letter of Invitation” is to assist participants who need to obtain a visa, or permission to attend the conference and is not an official invitation covering fees or other expenses.
- A letter of invitation does not imply any financial support from the host organization or its approved representatives.
- Requestors requiring a physical copy of their letter will be responsible for all shipping fees associated.
- Requests for letters of invitation will be accepted up to May 3, 2024.
Please start the research process early and allow adequate time for any processing due to any unforeseen delays.
Fukuoka Airport (FUK), officially known as Fukuoka Kūkō, is the city’s main international and domestic airport. The Fukuoka Airport is the principal airport of the island of Kyushu and is the fourth busiest passenger airport in Japan.
Taxi lines are located outside of every terminal at Fukuoka Airport. The ride is approximately 20 minutes and roughly 4,000 JPY. Tipping is not customary.
Airport Shuttle Bus: Bus Operator – HEARTS Corporation
Bus service from Fukuoka Airport to the Hilton Sea Hawk is available for purchase online at http://hearts81.com/airport/index_en.html. A one-way ticket is 1,000 JPY per adult and 500 JPY per child.
Airport Bus Shuttle to Hakata Subway Station
The Fukuoka Airport is conveniently located near the Hakata subway station. Free airport shuttle buses will pick-up and drop-off at the station. To get the Hilton Sea Hawk from Hakata Station, take the Fukuoka City Subway and get off at Tojinmachi Station (approximately 15-minute ride). The hotel is a 18-20-minute walk from the station.
Taxis are readily available in downtown Fukuoka. Tipping is not customary.
At Fukuoka Airport you can take the free shuttle bus from the international terminal to the domestic terminal and catch the subway into central Fukuoka. The Fukuoka City Subway which serves Fukuoka, consists of three subway lines, the Kūkō, or Airport Line, the Hakozaki Line and the Nanakuma Line. Fares range from 180-400 yen.
Local buses mainly arrive and depart from Hakata station bus terminal and Tenjin Bus Center. Nishitetsu Bus’s “Canal City Line Bus” run between Hakata, Canal City Hakata, and Tenjin and is a for sightseeing. The Fukuoka Airport Access Bus runs between Fukuoka Airport and Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk via Canal City Hakata or Tenjin Fukuoka Shiyakusho-Mae. Local and highway buses are available from both the Domestic and International Terminals. Bus fares are about 260 yen.