2024 Call for Trainings
Now Accepting Submissions!
About the Call for Trainings
The 36th annual FIRST conference will take place at the Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk in Fukuoka, Japan over the dates of June 9-14, 2024. Training courses will be held on Sunday, June 8 before the main conference activities commence. These training courses are exclusive from the main conference program agenda.
Our goal is to provide training opportunities for the participants attending the FIRST annual conference and those locally based, who may not be attending the annual conference and could benefit from these courses.
Training opportunities will be open to anyone who is new to the incident response community as well as our valued existing community.
What We Are Looking For?
We are looking for practical, full-day and half-day incident response and security-related trainings that focus on further developing the knowledge and skillsets of its participants.
We do not allow trainings with the aim of gaining the audience’s interest in any commercial application, solution, or product. In other words, NO SALES OR MARKETING pitches.
Trainings should be presented in English.
Submissions must be received by the end of the day on November 30, 2023 (UTC 19:00) via the online submission form.
- Call for Trainings Opens: October 31, 2023
- Call for Trainings Closes: November 30, 2023 at UTC 19:00
- Acceptance Notifications: December 2023
- Confirmations of Acceptance Due: December 2023
- Event Date: June 8, 2024
If you have any questions about the submission process or need additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accepted trainers may select one of the two options:
- One complimentary registration to the FIRST Annual Conference.
- Roundtrip economy class airfare, two nights lodging at a FIRST-approved hotel, and per diem per the FIRST Travel Policy for training and travel days. See https://www.first.org/about/policies/travel-policy.
Offer is non-transferable and only valid for the event accepted. Limit of two accepted trainers per training. Additional training assistants will be provided with a day pass for Sunday's activities.