33rd Annual FIRST Conference • Virtual Event
Sponsorship Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply specifically to the FIRST Conference (‘EVENT’). Sponsorships are granted on a first-come, first-served basis. The Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams, Inc. (‘FIRST’) reserves the right to reject any prospective sponsor company (‘SPONSOR’) that it deems inappropriate. SPONSOR includes any person, firm, or company, corporation, institution, association, or committee to whom the sponsorship is allocated. Terms and Conditions are subject to change without any prior notice.
- All sponsorships will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. FIRST retains the right to reject any sponsor that it deems inappropriate.
- Sponsorship agreements cannot be processed without payment. Funds must be payable in US dollars. All checks should be made payable to FIRST, Inc. Information for payment by ACH or bank wire transfer can be found in the issued invoice. Payment is based on NET 30 unless otherwise agreed between parties. SPONSOR shall be responsible for any taxes on the sponsorship fee.
- Sponsorship may be cancelled by sponsor by written notification to FIRST up to 60-days prior to the EVENT start date. A sponsorship cannot be cancelled after that date because FIRST incurs the cost of design and other sponsorship recognition and loss of sponsorship. If notification of cancellation is received within 60-days of the EVENT start, FIRST will attempt to revise sponsor recognition items as feasible and FIRST shall be entitled to retain 100% of the sponsorship fee as damages.
- Should any unforeseen event that is beyond the control of FIRST render the fulfillment of this agreement by FIRST impossible or impractical, FIRST may return a portion of the amount paid for the sponsorship after deduction of any amounts necessary to cover expenses incurred in connection with work performed on production of the EVENT prior to the occurrence of the unforeseen event. Such expenses shall include, but not be limited to expenses incurred by FIRST as a result of contracts with third parties for services or products connected with the EVENT, including out of pocket expenses and overhead expenses attributable to production of the EVENT. No funds will be returned should the dates or location of the show be changed by FIRST, but the sponsorship benefits will be applied to the EVENT that is held at the changed location and/or changed date. FIRST shall not be financially liable in the event the show is interrupted, cancelled, moved, or dates changed except as provided herein.
- The sponsorship fee does not include free EVENT registration unless specifically stated in the sponsorship opportunity details.
- Provision of a FIRST conference sponsorship does not entitle the SPONSOR to a waiver of any applicable annual FIRST membership fees.
- All sponsorship materials must be submitted 45-days prior to EVENT start date to ensure inclusion in the production schedule. Sponsorship requests after this date may still be accepted with caveats.
- SPONSORS may not sublet, assign, or apportion any part of the item(s) sponsored nor represent, advertise, or distribute literature or materials for the products or services of any other firm or organization except as approved in writing by FIRST. FIRST will not be liable for damage or loss to a SPONSOR’S properties through fire, theft, accident, or any other cause, whether the result of negligence or otherwise.
- Participation at FIRST Board of Director meetings and FIRST Annual General Meetings is restricted to FIRST members only, the FIRST Board of Directors, and their invited guests.
- At the wish of the FIRST membership, the FIRST conference program itself is not open to sponsorship. However, SPONSORS are welcome to respond to the EVENT call for speakers for consideration with other submissions.
- FIRST reserves the right to select and finalize design of each branded conference item.
- SPONSORS may request to sponsor single or multiple items/ events.
- In order to limit costs, FIRST may limit the number of colors used for the printing of SPONSOR logos.
- If a SPONSOR wants to negotiate for a higher priced item (e.g., higher quality shirt, bag, menu, etc.) than FIRST has budgeted, SPONSOR must pay any additional cost for that item in addition to the applicable sponsorship fee.
- The attendee list shall remain the property of FIRST. SPONSOR is granted a limited, nonexclusive license to use the list for legitimate correspondence related to computer security incident response matters only. SPONSOR may not transfer the list to another party nor allow another party access to the list. Any SPONSOR violating these restrictions may be subject to an infringement claim. In addition, SPONSOR may not be allowed to sponsor subsequent FIRST events, at the sole discretion of FIRST.
- All FIRST funds are used to support the mission of the organization, including any net revenue from the EVENT.