35th Annual FIRST Conference | Empowering Communities
About the Annual FIRST Conference
Established in 1990, FIRST is an international non-profit association of Computer Security and Incident Response Teams (“CSIRTs”), Product Security and Incident Response Teams (“PSIRTs”), and independent security researchers from the public, private, and academic sectors. Membership comprises of over 600 teams with representation from over 100 nations. The annual conference provides a forum for sharing goals, ideas, and information on how to improve global cyber security. FIRST is a front-line enabler in the global response community, providing access to the best practices, tools, and trusted communication with its member teams.
Named one of the Top 19 Information Security Conferences of 2020 by TripWire, the FIRST annual conference promotes worldwide coordination and cooperation among computer security and incident response teams (CSIRTs). The conference provides a forum for sharing goals, ideas, and information on how to improve computer security on a global scale.
FIRST seeks to:
- Facilitate better communication and information sharing among teams and the global community at large
- Foster cooperation and coordination in incident prevention
- Provide prompt rapid reaction to incidents
David Lacey writes in Computer Weekly:
"Of all the security clubs and associations, the one that impresses me most is FIRST. Why? Because it’s focused, born out of real business requirements and it’s highly selective, i.e. you have to be sponsored and audited to gain membership. FIRST is not a club that exists to make an income for its organizers. It’s an international community that serves a real purpose: helping Government, Industry and Academia to respond quickly and effectively to new security threats. So I have no hesitation in recommending that you book a space in your busy diary to attend their Annual Conference."
Who Can Attend?
The annual conference promotes worldwide coordination and cooperation among computer security incident response teams (CSIRTs). Any individual with interest, involvement, or responsibility in the field of incident response and computer security should attend. Attendance to the conference is open to non-members.
This conference will also be of interest to:
- Technical staff who determine security product requirements and implement solutions
- Policy and decision makers with overall security responsibility
- Law enforcement staff who are involved in investigating cyber crimes
- Legal counsel who work with policy and decision-makers in establishing security policies
- Senior managers directly charged with protecting their corporate infrastructure
- Government managers and senior executives who are responsible for protecting systems and critical infrastructure
Past participants have included information security practitioners, executive management, network architects, system and network administrators, software and hardware vendors, security solutions providers, ISPs, law enforcement, and general computer and network security personnel.
The conference provides a forum for sharing goals, ideas and information on how to improve global computer security. The five-day event includes:
- Incident Response, Management, and Technical Tracks
- Hands-on Workshops and Tutorials
- Featured Keynote Presentations & Panel Discussions
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs) & Birds of a Feather (BoFs) Meetings
- Global Networking Opportunities
- Lightning Talks
- Exhibit Hall
In addition to sharing FIRST’s mission, attending the annual conference will enable you to:
- Earn over 20 continuing professional education credits
- Learn the latest security strategies in incident management
- Increase your knowledge and technical insight about security problems and their solutions
- Keep up-to-date with the latest incident response and prevention techniques
- Gain insight on analyzing network vulnerabilities
- Hear how the industry experts manage their security issues
- Interact and network with colleagues from around the world to exchange ideas and advice on incident management best practices
2022 CONFERENCE VIDEOS
2022 CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS