35th Annual FIRST Conference | Empowering Communities
Conference Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of our most frequently asked questions pertaining the annual conference. Please feel free to send any additional questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When is the 2023 FIRST conference?
- The 35th Annual FIRST Conference will take place June 4-9, 2023, in Montréal, Canada.
Where will the 2023 FIRST conference be hosted?
- All conference activities, unless otherwise indicated in the program agenda, will take place at the Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel. Additional location information can be found on the following page http://www.first.org/conference/2023/venue.
Does FIRST have a hotel room block available for conference participants?
- Yes, FIRST has reserved a block of rooms at the Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel for conference participants. Information can be found on the following page http://www.first.org/conference/2023/venue.
Will there be translation services available?
- No, the annual FIRST conference is presented in English only.
Is there a dress code?
- When in doubt, stick with business casual/business smart. FIRST does not enforce a dress code per se, but asks all conference participants to keep their attire respectful and in line with the FIRST Code of Conduct.
Will there be a mobile app?
- Yes, FIRST will publish a mobile app that will contain all conference materials including the program agenda. The app will be available to both in-person and virtual participants.
How do I access streaming content?
- All participants of the conference--in-person and virtual--will have access to the conference mobile app and desktop version. TLP:CLEAR sessions will be live streamed to the app and will be available on-demand.
As an in-person participant, do I also have access to streaming content?
- Yes. Streaming content is inclusive to in-person registrations.
Will FIRST post TLP:CLEAR recordings to their YouTube? And when?
- Yes, FIRST will publish all TLP:CLEAR recordings to their YouTube channel roughly two-months post-conference.
Will there be printed agendas?
- No, FIRST will not provide printed agendas. The conference agenda will be available via the mobile app and printable PDF will be made available to delegates who wish to have a printed copy.
How do I apply for continuing education credits (CPEs or CEs)?
- Once the conference agenda has been published, FIRST Events will publish a CPE page with basic instructions and counts. Conference participants are responsible for submitting their credit hours directly to their certifying organizations. FIRST is no longer submitting CPEs on the behalf of participants.
Do I need to pre-register for sessions?
- No, you do not need to pre-register for conference sessions that take place Monday through Friday. Please keep in mind that workshop sessions have limited seating opportunities.
Do I need to pre-register for Sunday pre-conference activities?
- Yes and no. We will have more information forthcoming in April 2023. Typically, FIRST Training opportunities are very limited and FIRST members will be given preference to register before non-members.
What is "TLP"?
If you are unfamiliar with the Traffic Light Protocol ("TLP"), please visit https://www.first.org/tlp/ for details. In the use case for conference, TLP levels specifically indicate whether press, social media, and photography/videography may occur. You do not need to be "invited" to attend a TLP:RED session as a confirmed, registered delegate. Please see the Registration Terms & Conditions: Photography or Recording Usage by Attendees at https://www.first.org/conference/2023/registration-terms.