The Rules Committee (“Committee”) assists the Board of Directors (“Board”) to review and propose changes to the bylaws of the Forum of Incident Response & Security Teams, Inc. (FIRST), as well as to review FIRST’s governance program.
Authority and Membership
- The Committee is a committee of the Board established under Section IV.15 of the Bylaws. A majority of directors then in office will appoint members of the Committee and a Chair of the Committee, each to serve for two-year terms.
- The Board may fill vacancies on the Committee. The Board may remove a Committee member from the Committee at any time, with or without cause.
- The Committee will meet with such frequency as it may determine. The Chair of the Committee will preside over Committee meetings. A majority of Committee members will constitute a quorum. Committee approvals will require a vote of a majority of the Committee members present at a meeting at which a quorum is present.
- The Committee will keep minutes of its meetings and report its activities to the Board on a regular basis.
- The Committee may invite individuals who are not Board members to participate in Committee meetings, but these individuals will not have voting power and will not be held out as Committee members. The Committee may request any officer or employee of FIRST, or outside consultants, counsel or other advisers,to attend meetings or meet with Committee members.
- Perform the annual review of the bylaws, in partnership with the Chair and ED (as required under Section XII of the bylaws)
- Review changes as proposed by members of FIRST
- Work with the board and members on changes and/or improvements to the bylaws
- Propose bylaw changes to the board.
- Review this charter at least annually and recommend any proposed changes to the Board for review.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.